- Hot Costa Rican 12 piece salsa band with special guest DJ Tico at Park Bar 788 N Jackson Street - see band at www.pimientanegra.com (info courtesy of Waly from Orgullo Latino WMSE 91.7 FM sundays noon-3pm)
August 25th, 2002 Sunday
Vivo Rodriquez y Isla Adentro at Mexican Fiesta (on the SummerFest grounds). Two shows.. 5:00pm at the Miller Stage. 10:00pm at the Briggs Stage.
August 31st, 2002 Saturday 9:30pm
The Amigos at Milwaukee Ale House. No cover! This mix of salsa, merengue, calypso, and reggae makes for an excellent night of summer sounds. 233 North Water St. (414) 226-BEER.
Live bands at El Babalu, now on Fridays and Saturdays!
Salsa Dance Contest at El Babalu
Rules and Requirements:
1. All contestants and participants must be over 21.
2. Dance instructors or teachers are not permitted to enter the contest.
3. $25.00 entry fee. Includes access to all events.
4. Music for first 4 rounds and semifinal will be chosen by the coordinators. For the final, each couple will bring their own music.
5. Each participant will provide his/her own outfit, which will not be taken into account until the semifinal and final.
(Announced at El Babalu on Aug. 9, info courtesy of Karen-K)
(414) 383-4044. 611 W. National.